MD Tubing Reviews
Tubing the Gunpowder: North Baltimore Co.
Parkton, Big Falls, Monkton, Glencoe to Sparks, MD
The Gunpowder is one of the best local tubing spots. It provides a safe ten mile tubing trail to enjoy, as seen on the map to the right.
Not all parts of the river provide the same tubing experience, as one portion can be party packed, while another is quiet and serene. Check out our reviews to find the best Gunpowder tubing spot for you.
Tubing & Partying: Blue Mount Rd. to Monkton Rd.
Tubing in Peace: Monkton Rd. to Glencoe Rd.
- Travel time: Up to 3 hours
- Leisurely float thru clean water with a few tiny rapids
- Make own tube & shuttle arrangements; vendor not offer service
- Water is less then 2 feet deep. You can check current depth here.
Tubing in Harford County, MD
Rocks State Park - Deer Creek (Street, MD)
- Travel time: About an hour within SAFE area
- Leisurely float thru fairly clean water with a few small, fun rapids
- Make own tube & shuttle arrangements; no vendors here
- Tubing around large groups of swimmers & revelers is common
- Water is less then 3 feet deep. You can check current depth here.
- Rocks State Park also offers Kilgore Falls & King & Queen Seat
Tubing in Howard County, MD
July 7, 2011 - Patapsco State Park (Patapsco River)
In my quest to find another safe and popular tubing location I searched Google. The results led me to an adventure company (Terrapin Adventures) that offers tube rentals and a shuttle to a safe tubing spot in the area. I opted to not rent a tube and rather drive myself to the location.